Tips For Home Sellers – List With The Best Realtor in Toronto To Sell Your Home
ARE YOU PLANNING TO SELL YOUR HOME SOON?
For a first-time home seller, it’s quite difficult – if not impossible – to do better on their own rather than with a realtor. The experience, the market know-how, and the local accessibility that a realtor brings to the table can quickly put thousands of extra dollars straight into your pocket. There is, of course, an element of luck to selling a home fast, but if you’re doing everything right on your end, it’s only a matter of time before the right buyer comes along.
Getting the best realtor in Toronto, on board is definitely a no-brainer, and rest assured it’s a decision you will never regret – especially if you want to sell your house worth the value it has! That said, you can’t just pick the first person you meet.
1. Research, Reviews And Referrals -
Checking online is just the first thing to do, there are many other ways to identify the best realtor in Toronto. When you’re selecting an agent to work with, ask for referrals from people you trust and who have been through the process itself. And consider your particular needs. You could look for similar houses in your area and find out who represented them or you can go the old fashioned way and ask your friends and family for referrals.
Some Designations Include:
- CRS (Certified Residential Specialist): Completed additional training in handling residential real estate.
- ABR (Accredited Buyer’s Representative): Completed additional training in representing buyers in transactions.
- SRES (Seniors Real Estate Specialist): Completed training aimed at helping buyers and sellers aged 50 and older.
- Check the current listings on their websites to get a sense of the type of business they do.
- Snoop online to check reviews and reputation.
2. Meet And Decide -
- Meet them in their office. You can pick up a lot of information from a person’s personal space.
- Be upfront about asking for their credentials – how many homes have they sold recently, check their licenses, request to see their marketing plans and get details of what services they offer.
- Ask them to see your home and discuss the listing price (Agents guaranteeing a sell at a substantially higher price is probably just lying to impress! Usually, someone who offers a range and backs it up with information of similar home sales is more trustworthy).
3. Commission And Services -
Now Some Tips For Dealing With Financials -
- Negotiate commissions with your agent.
- Agents usually offer discounted commissions when they are not providing add-on services, which could be OK if you are confident of selling your house fast. But in some cases, this could backfire – making agents less inclined to market your home effectively.
- How can you sell your house fast? Well, the AGENT’S ADD-ON SERVICES CAN HELP with that. These include services that range from Staging to enhance the look of your house to professional photographs of your home to Professional 360 – degree marketing to reach interested parties across the local area.
- Generally, you can negotiate a lower commission percentage if you also agree to buy your next house from the same agent.
- Sometimes, the agent has an entire ecosystem of partners such as lenders, a home insurance company, escrow companies etc. and are willing to lower commissions if you agree to sign on their partners.