Selling Your House - A Checklist To Get You Started…
Steps To Follow While Selling Your House
1. Decide The Right Time –
2. Choosing The Best Realtor -
Selling your house is a huge deal, and an experienced and top listing real estate agent is guaranteed to get you a better deal and save you tons of hassle and legwork. Well worth the commission they charge!
- Decide whether it makes sense to get a pre-inspection done.
- Prepare a checklist of all paperwork and start work on getting it all in order.
- Decide whether you need any home improvements organized and fix a budget for the same.
3. Deciding On A Price -
4. Preparing Your House -
Since you are all set to sell your house, Now is the time to start working on some of the home improvement ideas. You need to dispassionately look at your house through the eyes of an outsider and make some serious changes. Best possible help in this department you can always get from your friends and family members.
- Declutter – Yes, it might seem obvious, but we are so used to our stuff that we don’t even notice it piling up. You also might consider removing any objects that are too personal. This could be your family photos or your favourite painting.
- Spring for a quick spruce up – Make sure a small cosmetic or mechanical glitch doesn’t become a significant issue. It could be as easy as replacing a toilet paper holder or fixing a squeaky front door.
- Repainting< – If your home has bright walls or attractive wallpaper, it might be a good idea to repaint it in neutral colours.
- Clean up clutter — Having the “lived-in” look is more of a distraction than a selling point for your home. Clearing off tables and cleaning out closets, for example, help show how much space your home offers.
- Fix small eyesores – coverup those small cracks and scuff marks and fix the leaking taps and loose handles. It might be a small thing, but for a buyer, a few of these can all add up to show a neglected home.
- Get some greenery – This always works! Adding some plants and flowers really brights up the house, and they can be placed strategically to cover up small cosmetic issues.
- Deep clean – Everything should be spotless. Especially the kitchen and the bathrooms.
- Do not forget the outside – Spruce up or repaint the entrance. Remember, first impressions count and keep your garden neat. .
“OUR COMPLETE GUIDE ON STAGING FOR ANY HOMEOWNER.”
6. Dealing With Offers And Negotiating -
- The offer doesn’t become binding until both parties agree to the terms and sign the “offer to purchase” contract, subject to contingencies.
- The contract should contain an expiration date, purchase price, initial deposit, buyer down payment, financing terms and contingencies, warranties and fees.
- Generally, your sales contract will include a clause that allows the buyers to do a walk-through inspection of the property within 24 hours before your closing.