Innovative Staging Method To Increase The Value Of Your Home For Sale
When you discuss the fastest way of selling your home at dinnertime, the contemporary term “HOME STAGING” often comes up. You can rest assured that your grandmother’s voice would soon chime in, telling you how back in the day, they put up their home for sale with just a lick of paint, a half-hearted tidy-up and a stone-cold pot of coffee.
In 2017, NAR (National Association of Realtors) commissioned a study profiling home staging where they studied the impact of home staging both from a seller’s as well as the buyer’s point of view. To answer the question is home staging important, it is helpful to see its utility from the eyes of the buyers (the ultimate consumers in this case). A thumping three-fourths endorsed it as an essential tool that transformed a home for sale into an inviting showcase that attracted buyers and assisted them in visualizing it as their future home.
How Home Staging Works?
How To Stage A Home?
- Decluttering the home (93 percent)
- Entire home cleaning (89 percent)
- Carpet cleaning (81 percent)
- Removing pets during showings (80 percent)
My tips for home staging start where the high end, as my understanding is that you would have taken care of the basics. We now need to step into the next level, as home staging is marketing and you do want your home for sale to stand out in the sea of the other available properties –
DIY Quick Fixes:
- Add colourful potted flowers by the front door. Cleaning up and brightening up the front door area helps make the place inviting, a feeling that the buyer then carries inside.
- Add extra pillows on the bed and sofa. They serve a dual purpose of livening up the décor by adding colourful accents/patterns as well as making the space feel warmer.
- A fluffy (and preferably new) white bathrobe and white towels are reminiscent of luxurious hotels and spas. Seeing them in a home for sale triggers a similar feeling for the buyers.
- Keeping a pretty tray with coffee or wine on the bed in the master bedroom is evocative of the feeling of relaxing and unwinding in the space. This small mental cue will have a definite spark.
- Setting the table in the dining room, breakfast nook, and kitchen bar with pretty place settings and centrepieces makes the home look more welcoming.
- Attractive countertops in the kitchen and the smell of freshly baked goods exudes a homely feeling. A lovely set of containers or a bowl of citrus on the countertop would add colour. Similarly, a small well lit lamp with warm lighting would add the ‘cozy’ factor.
Professional Stagers - YAY OR NAY:
“OUR COMPLETE GUIDE ON STAGING FOR ANY HOMEOWNER.”